“The most intriguing part of the OTT proposition that tyntec envisages is that it offers telcos a cut of the revenue from new services, and increases demand for their services in unexpected ways.”
Executive Editor Andrew Orlowski, The Register
How to use tt.One?
Our tt.One solution provides the ideal basis for customers to develop cutting-edge services or to enhance existing ones. You can use tt.One in a wide variety of industries and services. Take a look at a snapshot of some of the fields that benefit from tt.One, below.
- Free/low cost texting & calling:Telephony apps can provide users with free/low cost voice and SMS via a virtual phone number.
- Extended VoIP: VoIP providers can let their users make and receive calls to and from ‘real’ mobile phone numbers, thereby extending reach beyond the closed user group of one particular app or service.
- SMS chat: By enabling SMS chat between users via virtual phone numbers, you can let your subscribers stay in touch on the go whatever device they’re using.
- Anonymous communication: Online dating and social networking companies can provide users with temporary virtual phone numbers that allow them call one another on their mobile phones without them ever needing to reveal their ‘real’ number.
- IM integration: Instant messaging services can allow users to select whether they want to receive incoming messages via the web or SMS and they can continue their IM conversations wherever they are.
- Micro-blogging: By enabling SMS updates you can allow your users to quickly and conveniently post microblog updates.
- One number service: These services let users aggregate all of their telephone accounts (mobile, landline, work, VoIP etc.) under a single, virtual number. Friends or contacts can then call or text that ‘One Number’ and the user can set their account to direct it to the device of their choice, whether it be a PC, mobile or landline.